Completely Useless Info About Scotland
- The only place in the UK visited by Elvis Pressley is Prestwick Airport in Scotland on 2nd March 1960.
- The first Tartan on the moon was the Macbean worn by Alan Bean on the Apollo Lunar Module, November 1969.
- There are over 100 clans in Scotland; the oldest being Clan MacDonald, dating back to c1100 AD. The first MacDonald was the grandson of the Norse Adventurer Sommerton
- The Scot James MacDonald was the voice of Mickey Mouse for nearly 40 years as well as being the voices of the yodelling, whistling and sneezing dwarves in Snow White.
- Edinburgh was the first city in the world to have its own fire brigade.
- Scotland is the only country in the world where Coca Cola is not the best selling soft drink. It is Irn Bru made by the Barr Co.
- There have been more major inventions by the Scots than any other country in the world including the television and penicillin
- The shortest scheduled flight in the world is Westray to Papa in the Orkney Isles. It is 1.5 miles long and takes 1 minute and 14 seconds.