As part of your golf tour with us, we offer several transport options to cater for your needs.
About half our Clients opt for escorted Chauffeur transport for their golf tour ensuring that they can relax, enjoy the sights and have a few drinks while leaving the driving to someone else.
The rest of our Clients choose the car rental option which provides greater independence and of course is more affordable.
Whichever means of transportation you decide to select you can be sure that Drumgolf will arrange something very much tailored to your requirements.
Please note that our transport services are not offered independently; only as part of our golf tour packages.
Drumgolf cuts no corners when it comes to our Chauffeured transportation. We have appropriately sized mini coaches for groups anywhere between 4 to 24 in number. A typical party of 8 Golfers can look forward to the following :-
- An 8 seater de luxe custom built mini coach and trailer (for luggage)
- Luxury leather upholstered chairs
- Tables for card games etc
- Well stocked fridge
- Television and DVD
- Most importantly - a friendly, helpful and experienced Driver / Guide who will be happy to assist you with your day to day arrangements.
* Please note – although your Driver will be working for you throughout the trip he is obliged by law to allocate a registered amount of time to rest. For example after a full day on duty he will be happy to drive you to a restaurant but it may be necessary for you to return to your hotel by taxi.
For those not wanting to drive themselves but who do not want to incur the cost of a dedicated driver and vehicle throughout daytime hours, this is the most cost-effective option, whereby we will book all the necessary transfers throughout your trip such as your return airport transfers and return transfers to golf courses each day if necessary. The quality of vehicles and the professionalism of each driver will be of the highest order, but please note that you may not be assigned one specific driver for the duration of your trip and your driver may change from day to day. Furthermore, the time and location of each transfer will be pre-arranged and so your driver will not be at your disposal each day quite the way our dedicated drivers are. Finally, although the vehicles used for private transfers are of high quality, they may not be of the executive standard used by our dedicated chauffeurs above.
Our Rental company partners offer a broad selection of vehicles. The typical rental for a group of 4 Golfers is a VW Carravelle or Mercedes Vito which can comfortably accommodate 4 sets of Clubs and substantial luggage. The Carravelle / Vito can either have manual or automatic transmission. For parties of 3 we would suggest a smaller People Carrier Vehicle such as the Zafira and for groups of 2 or less there are numerous smaller cars which would fit the bill. These images show the typical vehicles that we book for different sized groups.
2 Golfers Vauxhall Astra
3 Golfers Vauxhall Zafira
4-6 Golfers Mercedes Vito
- Full repairs to Rental Vehicle (excluding excess)
- Third party liability unlimited (including passengers in hired vehicle)
- Theft of vehicle and accessories (excluding excess)
- Cover would default if the necessary security precautions were not implemented i.e. if the keys were left in the ignition or the radio front was left in the vehicle.
- The excess for cars is £1,000 which can be waivered to ZERO on payment of £15 per day (no caps) but please note this does not cover damage to tyres or wrong fuel being put in the vehicle.
- Theft of property within the vehicle
- Driver of the hired vehicle’s personal injury or loss of life (Your own insurance would have to cover this).
- Overseas visitors must produce a valid Domestic Licence and/or International Driving Permit and valid passport.
- Licence/Permit must be for the current period of the rental and have been held for a minimum of 12 months.
- Drivers must be 25 years or over.
- 23-24 year olds can drive Group 2-4 vehicles but will be subject to a Young Driver's Surcharge of £25 per day (inc VAT)
- Drivers aged 80 can hire on production of a DVLA recognised medical confirmation that confirms they are fit to drive i.e. a doctors letter